Vangelis




One of my greatest inspirations in life apart from Art is Music. One man has been a major part of my life and that is the great Vangelis!
No other musician has had such an effect on me and my Art than this man. His music is totally amazing, and what is surprising to a lot of people is that he creates his music 'Live' without pre recorded parts. Its mesmerising to watch him play.
Nemo Studio is the place he created some of the best pieces of music ever created such as 'Bladerunner' and 'Chariots of Fire' in the late 70's to 80's. It no longer exists but i'd love to go back in time and walk round and tinker with his Yamaha C80!
Here are some links....


Comments

  1. Hi Paul,

    I am taking the opportunity to write my thoughts.

    I am from India. I am a IT Project Manager by profession and an Nature and Wildlife enthusiast by passion. My other loves are Art, Music and Literature.

    I have been following world music since the late 60's, but not until 3 days back did I find about this great musician Vangellis. I am but a small man to discuss his music but I can safely say that there is some kind of spiritual rousing in my soul when I listens to his creation. Moreover, I am lucky to find myself in the august company of his creation's admirers like you. No wonder influenced by this great musician your art also hits the 'beauty in simplicity' chord so nicely!!

    Wish you a sense of contentment in life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bath Contemporary Winter Show